Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Exported PUD proto_name

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman () ericsson com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 15:33:59 +0000

From: wireshark-dev-bounces () wireshark org [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces () wireshark org] On Behalf Of Dario Lombardo
Sent: den 29 augusti 2016 17:03
To: Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev () wireshark org>
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Exported PUD proto_name

I tried again with udpdump using
- http (4 bytes long), aligned ==> works correctly
- dns (3 bytes), not aligned, 1 byte padding ==> works correctly
At this point I guess it's something related to the specific aruba_erm dissector. Alexis, did you try it? Any success?

As Pascal said, the problem is probably that packet-aruba_erm.c does not register the dissector by name.
Packet-exported_pdu.c has

    switch(next_proto_type) {
        case EXPORTED_PDU_NEXT_PROTO_STR:
            proto_handle = find_dissector(proto_name);
            if (proto_handle) {
                col_clear(pinfo->cinfo, COL_PROTOCOL);
                call_dissector_with_data(proto_handle, payload_tvb, pinfo, tree, dissector_data);
            }
            break;

We should probably have an expert info if the protocol isn’t found. I have also found this function recently

proto_get_id_by_filter_name(const gchar* filter_name);

which could be used as a second alternative if the protocol isn’t found. That would make register by name superfluous
in most cases I think.

Best regards
Anders

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml () gmail com<mailto:dario.lombardo.ml () gmail