Wireshark mailing list archives

tvb_captured_length or tvb_reported_length?

From: Robert Cragie <robert.cragie () gridmerge com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 18:33:34 +0100

I am trying to understand the changes to the previous use of tvb_length().
There are now two functions (and their associates):

* tvb_captured_length()
* tvb_reported_length()

As far as I can tell, tvb_captured_length() is the direct replacement for
tvb_length() but tvbuff.h says "You probably want tvb_reported_length
instead.". The use of both seems to be mixed throughout the files and it's
difficult to follow the relationship between the two. So any guidance on
this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robert