Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Master-2.0 reminder and Buildbot updates

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 16:58:14 -0700

On 10/2/15 2:27 PM, Bálint Réczey wrote:
Hi Gerald,

As a quick reminder, the master-2.0 branch and builders will be created on
Monday. I've also made the following changes in our Buildbot environment:

- Upgraded to Qt 5.3.2 on the Windows 64-bit, 32-bit, and Petri dish builders.

- Installed Qt 5.5.0 on the Windows 64-bit, 32-bit, and PD builders. We're
still building with 5.3.2 for now but can switch to 5.5.0 if needed.

- Switched to shallow Git checkouts on the Windows PD builder.

- Switched OS X 64-bit and 32-bit .dmg packaging from Autotools to CMake.
Should I switch to Qt 5 in the .deb generation scripts, too? Wireshark
already use Qt 5 in Debian stable/testing/unstable.

All other things being equal I'd say yes. It would match the Windows and
64-bit OS X packages in that regard. In case it makes any difference,
upstream support for Qt4 is ending this December:

http://doc.qt.io/QtSupportedPlatforms/