Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Dissect using val_to_str from external file

From: Jo <wireshark () rueschel de>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 14:38:48 +0100

Hello,

I did this now for the functions in my other question
(http://seclists.org/wireshark/2015/Nov/78) but I have no idea how to
get this working for val_to_str() in my plugin file.

In my source file, i include <epan/ipproto.h> and Visual Studio does
only complain at compile time about unresolved external symbols
(LNK2001). Can someone please help me on how to access ipproto_val_ext
from a plugin?

No plugin from the Wireshark sources seem to use external val_to_str()
calls as of now.

Bye,
Jo