Wireshark mailing list archives

GTP sequence number equal to zero problem

From: "POZUELO Gloria (BCS/PSD)" <gloria.pozuelo () bics com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 15:13:22 +0000

Hi all,

I'm developing an extension for the GTPv1 dissector and while I was debugging I've encountered something that it seems
to me a bit confusing. In the dissect_gtp_common function from the packet-gtp.c source, there is a section that makes
the matching between requests and responses. The thing is that I have a pcap in which I have a create PDP context
request with sequence number equal to 0, then when in the code asks if the message has sequence number, it never enters
in that part because, I guess, that 0 is equal than NULL.

If (seq_no) {
                /* matching is done */
}

I don't know If this is a little bug or maybe the sequence number can't be equal to 0. Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Regards.