Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Setting up git for gerrit

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde () tecnico ulisboa pt>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 23:34:27 +0000

On 29-11-2015 23:19, Paul Offord wrote:
Hi,

I’m trying to setup git so that I can submit a change to gerrit.
Although I can use git pull to update the code, when I try git review I get:

C:\Development\Wireshark>git review

bash: /dev/tty: No such device or address

error: failed to execute prompt script (exit code 1)

fatal: could not read Username for 'https://code.wireshark.org': Invalid
argument

I’m pretty sure this is an authentication issue.  I’ve set my SSH public
key in gerrit and an HTTPS password.  Details of the access are:

C:\Development\Wireshark>git remote -v

origin  https://code.wireshark.org/review/wireshark (fetch)

origin  https://code.wireshark.org/review/wireshark (push)

What should git remote –v look like if I have things setup correctly?

origin ssh://USERNAME () code wireshark org:29418/wireshark (fetch)
origin ssh://USERNAME () code wireshark org:29418/wireshark (push)