Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Buildbots

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 09:56:24 +0000

On 20 November 2015 at 09:51, Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml () gmail com>
wrote:

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Graham Bloice <
graham.bloice () trihedral com> wrote:

There's also the:

2.0 buildbot - https://buildbot.wireshark.org/wireshark-2.0/waterfall
1.12 buildbot - https://buildbot.wireshark.org/wireshark-1.12/waterfall
Debian LTS buildbot -
https://buildbot.wireshark.org/wireshark-lts/waterfall

These are all listed on the develop page -
https://www.wireshark.org/develop.html#buildbot

I believe they are automatically triggered on commits to the respective
branches.

Is there a reason why the projects contain different buildbots (e.g. the
petri-dish doesn't contain the osx buildbot)?

Because they haven't been created yet.

There is a slight additional issue with the PD buildbots in that they could
be running stuff that does bad things, i.e. an external change that's
overlooked by a core dev (or if we move to auto PD all changes), and so
they are run on Amazon instances where we don't really care too much if
they get borked, whereas the other buildbots run on physical servers
managed by Gerald and Michael.

--
Graham Bloice