Wireshark mailing list archives

How to print the output of the printf() on the command line interface?

From: JAI BHAGWAN YADAV <saurav.yadav0005 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 14:17:59 +0530

Hello all,

I am a beginner,
My O.S. is 64 bit, Ubuntu 12.04 on virtual machine.

Q- I want to know about a specific function in wireshark source code so I
am trying by adding printf() in different files, having #include <stdio.h>.
But when I executes the command make and after that ./wireshark, wireshark
starts with one error on the command line interface, i.e., *nl80211 not
found*. And no output of the printf() is shown (*Wireshark is working*).
So, *please tell me how to print on the command line interface*. Or should
I start this only by ddd or gdb?

Thanks and regards