Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] master 32ab59f: synphasor: General cleanup

From: mmann78 () netscape net
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 22:25:40 -0500

I agree with most of the commit, but the reason I left of some of the proto_tree_add_text/proto_item_add_subtree calls
alone in the dissectors was that I thought they should be converted to use proto_tree_add_bitmask (or something
similar).  When I did the original "conversion", I just didn't want to take the time to create the necessary hf_ fields
to make that possible.  To me leaving in the proto_tree_add_text makes it easier to detect the need for
proto_tree_add_bitmask (which is a function that should really be used more in dissectors), than a group of
proto_tree_add_items.

Michael