Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Retrieve data from lower layer dissector

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 11:51:50 +0000

On 22 January 2015 at 11:45, yannick omnes <yomnes () aviwest com> wrote:

Hi list,

i'm working on a plugin to dissect a private protocol that use link
aggregation. I have to produce stats for each link used. The problem is
that the protocol doesn't provide any information about which link were
used to send one packet. So I have to work with the source ip/port. Is
there a way to retrieve those values from the UDP dissector ?

Have a look at the packet_info struct in epan/packet_info.h which is passed
into every dissector.  The struct holds various source and destination
addresses.

--
Graham Bloice