Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Bug 6112 - ANSI map/tcap ReturnError can't dissect

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 13:06:15 -0800

On Jan 14, 2015, at 4:57 AM, "Reutemann, Alan" <areutemann () tnsi com> wrote:

I’ve recently encountered this bug where all ANSI ReturnError messages are flagged with malformed packet errors.  Has
there been any movement towards a solution?  Do you know yet if this is an ASN1 level bug or perhaps something in the
BER sequence dissector?

I don't know the answer to either of those questions, so I'm CCing wireshark-dev.  It's generally not a good idea to
ask individual members of the Wireshark developer team questions unless you know that they're working on the particular
part of Wireshark about which you're asking.

I’d be willing to test out any code fix if you have one available, pending or proposed, etc.  I’ve built the 1.12.2
tshark tool to help decode ANSI tcap/map messages and will keep it handy if you think a solution is available and I
may be able to help in this capacity.

Thanks for your service to Wireshark and the community that uses it,

Alan Reutemann
Transaction Network Services Software Development

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)and may
contain confidential and privileged information of Transaction Network Services.
Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.