Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Addressing FT_ types

From: mmann78 () netscape net
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 23:13:50 -0500

Ok, so I'm trying to go down the route of adding different "BASE" types for FT_BYTES.  I thought it would be fairly
straightforward, but the problem I'm running into is that fvalue_to_string_repr() never gets the "BASE" value so I can
distinguish between BASE_NONE, BASE_DOT and BASE_DASH.

Could it be as simple as just adding another parameter to fvalue_to_string_repr?  Grepping where fvalue_to_string_repr
is used seems to indicate that not all calls to it will have "BASE" value available.

Wanted to ask for guidance before I go down some errant rabbit holes (or just not completely understand all of the uses
of fvalue_to_string_repr).