Wireshark mailing list archives

get_manuf_name

From: mmann78 () netscape net
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 22:23:28 -0500

Working on address types with name resolution, it seems it would perform better if get_manuf_name didn't have
wmem_allocator with it.  Looking into the code, I can model it after the ethernet name lookup where there's always a
"hex string backup" in its hash table if name can't be found.  But what I'm concerned about with that is
eth_addr_resolve(), and possibly shutting out wka_name_lookup.

because I don't think I fully understand all of the ramifications that could happen if I submit the patch.