Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: lua starter (tshark -X is not working)

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 15:03:25 -0800

On Feb 12, 2015, at 7:21 AM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com> wrote:

The big problem with RHEL/CentOS is that there isn't a repository with a modern Wireshark (that I am aware of).

Fedora uses pretty modern Wiresharks now but of course the enterprise distros don't upgrade.

CentOS 7 is really out there on the bleeding edge - they're up to 1.10.3!

        http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64/Packages/

Does that mean that RHEL 7 is also providing something equally shiny and new?

(And should we consider building our own RPM packages, and offering them for whatever the Red Hat/CentOS equivalent is
to Ubuntu PPAs if there is such an equivalent?  Unfortunately, that might mean building on various versions of
RHEL/CentOS if we don't want to make the packages dependent on special packages of its dependencies.)