Wireshark mailing list archives

calculating page load up time using Wireshark

From: asad <a.alii85 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 11:59:14 +0500

Hello,

I'm using wireshark to calculate the page load up time for a website. I'm
comparing the results from other online tools such as "
http://www.webpagetest.org"; and see the results don't tally.

My capture filters is:

"dst host 1.1.1.1 or src host 1.1.1.1"

Further, my capture filter is

"!(tcp.flags.reset == 1) && !(tcp.flags.fin == 1)"

I'm looking at page load up time through the following UI "statistics ->
summary" and time between first and last packet.

Differences in coming in seconds not ms between online test and wireshark
test done from my computer. I'm using wireless NIC card.

Is there a way to tweak the param's on wireshark to bring more close to
real results.

regards
asad