Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: unicode replacement character in online docs

From: Evan Huus <eapache () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 09:57:49 -0400

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 9:49 AM, Hadriel Kaplan
<the.real.hadriel () gmail com> wrote:
Anyone else seeing the unicode replacement character all over the
online auto-generated docs? (user guide and developer guide)

Yup, and that's new AFAIK. Anybody know if something's change on the
server or on the build bot with respect to character encoding?

Based on the byte-values of something I expect should be a copyright
symbol, it looks like it's using ISO8859-1 and/or Windows-1252.

I don't recall having seen them there before, though maybe they've
always been there.

https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/index.html
https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/index.html

-hadriel