Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Custom zlib for Windows builds

From: Bálint Réczey <balint () balintreczey hu>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:05:55 +0200

Hi Graham,

I would not create a fork before asking zlib maintainters, thus
copying them now.

Dear Zlib Mainainters (Mark?),

Do you plan accepting some of the pull requests listed on zlib's GitHub queue?
We need some of the changes in Wireshark and it would be really nice
if we would not have to diverge too much from zlib's master branch.

Cheers,
Balint

The remaining CMake warnings for Windows are caused by zlib, as newer CMake
versions complain about policy settings.

As the zlib maintainers seem very reluctant to incorporate changes (31 pull
requests at the moment oldest from 2 years ago) to fix this we would have to
roll our own zlib for download.

The changes required are minimal, but we do do this we could also usefully
incorporate another change on their pull requests to disable the building of
the example binaries.

Thoughts?

--
Graham Bloice