Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] master bcae048: Update to the latest version from the Samba Git repository.

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 23:23:02 +0200

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 10:10 PM, Evan Huus <eapache () gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 3:59 PM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com> wrote:
On 09/26/14 15:19, Alexis La Goutte wrote:

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Evan Huus <eapache () gmail com> wrote:

Since it looks like PIDL is also using git, how do people feel about
using git submodules instead of maintaining our own copy of PIDL?

How to work submodules ?

You need to add a step after git clone to add also submodules ?
or submodules it directly include in master ?

Because there is also x11 dissector (mesa & xrand...) will be use
submodules too

Hmmm, mesa contains 4196 files using 196 Mbytes of space.  I don't think we
would want everyone working with Wireshark to pull all that down...

Maybe not the best fit here then :)
There is not a option for a optional submodules ;-)

It was just a thought for PIDL, since it would have saved Guy a lot of
time today on the update.

May be also look to use RADIUS dictionary from FreeRADIUS..