Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Feedback on WS 2 preview

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:09:33 -0700

On Oct 20, 2014, at 11:16 AM, John Boxall <jboxall47 () gmail com> wrote:

I recently installed the latest stable WS and the WS2 preview and noticed one difference in behaviour in the WS2
preview packet list pane that I hope can be changed.

In the current WS, once the packet list pane fills up a scroll bar is made available to scroll the list. If you
scroll to the end (bottom) the packet list continues to show the latest packet as more and more are coming in. In the
WS 2 preview the last displayed packet is shown and you must manually scroll down to see all new packets from the
previous time you scrolled to the bottom.

Presumably the scroll bar shows up in the preview as well (it shows up in a Qt build from the trunk), and the only
issue is whether "Automatic scrolling in live captures" works (as it is in the GTK+ version, including current trunk
builds) - it's set, but doesn't seem to be working in a built-from-the-trunk Qt version.

Please file this as a bug on the Wireshark Bugzilla.