Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: ARM Build

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 16:06:53 -0700

On Oct 15, 2014, at 11:03 AM, Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com> wrote:

packet-mac-lte.c: In function 'dissect_mac_lte':
packet-mac-lte.c:5334:39: error: 'rapid_description' may be used
uninitialized in this function [-We
rror=maybe-uninitialized]
                expert_add_info_format(pinfo, ti,
                                      ^

The compiler's wrong, but I redid the code a bit so that rapid_description will always be set.  That's not an ARM
issue, except perhaps to the extent that the dataflow analysis has architecture-specific parts, with the ARM version
not recognizing that this isn't a problem (or with other versions not having the chance to incorrectly decide it is a
problem).

I've checked a change into the trunk, which simplifies the code a bit.