Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: QT graphics version for Windows

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 13:54:49 +0100

I just noticed that the buildbots (and presumably the releases) are using
the opengl version of QT, whereas I've always used the angle version in my
local builds.

The QT page on the choice (
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5-on-Windows-ANGLE-and-OpenGL) implies that
the angle version is more general purpose and required if you want to use
RDP or QTMultimedia video.

Has there been an explicit discussion on the QT version that I've missed,
or should we discuss this now?

Hi Graham,

I don't think this was ever discussed. As RDP is a quite common usage on
Windows (as seen with the GTK2 specific memory bug reports we got), ANGLE
would seem to be the best choice. The drawback of dropping Windows XP
support is not an issue as we already decided to stop supporting it
officially.

Regards,
Pascal.