Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Collection of captures for each supported dissector?

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard () gtech com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 15:21:35 +0000 (UTC)

Peter Wu <peter@...> writes:

On Monday 30 June 2014 07:12:56 Evan Huus wrote:
The "menagerie" is our collection of capture files that the fuzz-bot uses to
test with. It contains a substantial number of files across as many
protocols as we have been able to accumulate. However, I am not sure it is
entirely publicly accessible?

I have seen the menagerie mentioned in bug reports, but could never find this
publically.

Some time ago, Jakub provided the following list, which you may find
helpful: http://www.wireshark.org/~darkjames/capture-files.txt

By the way, could I get delete permissions for attachments for the
SampleCaptures page on the wiki? There are a bunch of duplicates (and even
some empty files) listed as attachment and not linked. Some are not even
captures files although their extension suggest so.

Empty files:
mount-de.pcap.gz
omron-test-csum.pcap
wireshark.org.pcap.gz

I removed the links to these files, but I'm not sure how to remove the files
themselves, unfortunately.

Not pcap (but tcpdump text output or even a media file):
packetout.pcap
RTSP.pcap

I'm not sure how to rename/delete these either.