Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark Bluetooth

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 10:44:19 -0700

On Jul 17, 2014, at 6:48 AM, "Paul Raine" <praine () solutions-eng com> wrote:

I found and installed "/usr/share/doc/bluez-hcidump-1.42"
Running this when there is some bluetooth activity gives me packet info....
as shown below....

And, under the *same* circumstances, tcpdump reports nothing?

That's *REALLY* strange - as far as I can tell, the code paths in hcidump and libpcap for opening a Bluetooth socket to
capture traffic do the same thing.