Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: setcap for CMake install under Linux

From: Bálint Réczey <balint () balintreczey hu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 23:44:04 +0100

2014/1/13 Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>:

On Jan 13, 2014, at 1:05 PM, Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com> wrote:

Missing also make dist-* (gzip, bzip...) family in CMake

Yes - we need a way of releasing the source to a particular version, for the benefit of third parties making binary
or source packages and people who need or want to build from source rather than using binary packages.
Please use VCS snapshots for this, like git-archive. It is a pretty
good practice and this way we would release exactly what is tagged in
the VCS repo.