Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Display filter help need. how to do these filters? DNS /L2 overhead

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 18:48:52 -0800

On Feb 20, 2014, at 6:09 PM, Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard () gtech com> wrote:

I think if someone was willing to spend some time to resolve bug 1885[1],
then the statistics would probably give you what you want.

...if you do your own calculations from those statistics; unless I'm missing something, there's no entry for
"everything above Ethernet" in an Ethernet capture, for example, so you'd have to add up the numbers for all the
different protocols running on top of Ethernet.