Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Gigasmart trailer

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:28:34 -0700

On Apr 29, 2014, at 11:56 AM, Todd Kleinsasser <Todd.Kleinsasser () csgi com> wrote:

Hello everyone, I am having an issue where I use a gigamon gigasmart card to slice a packet and add a trailer.  As
far as I can tell gigasmart is doing this correctly.  However, when I open a capture up in wireshark it appears
wireshark is not decoding the trailer correctly.

Slicing packets *and* adding trailers goes, I suspect, beyond what a heuristic can possibly manage to figure out.  I
suspect the only way to fix any of this is to modify Wireshark so that there is a preference to indicate whether
packets have Gigamon trailers or not.