Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: -Werror for Qt code

From: Evan Huus <eapache () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 16:02:02 -0400

On 2013-09-08, at 3:22 PM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:

On Sep 8, 2013, at 8:05 AM, eapache () wireshark org wrote:

Fix "seq_base could be used unitialized" warning. We should probably enable
-Werror for the qt code...

And disable the "warn me if a 64-bit value is being shortened to 32 bits" warning, because Qt 5 *itself* has code in
headers that doesn't cast away those warnings (or fix them if they're real issues).

I think adding -Wno-error=foo is probably sufficient, though we may not want the noise of the warnings either...