Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 52194: / /trunk/cmake/modules/: FindCARES.cmake FindGCRYPT.cmake FindGEOIP.cmake FindGLIB2.cmake FindGMODULE2.cmake FindGNUTLS.cmake FindGTHREAD2.cmake FindGTK2.cmake FindKERBEROS.cmake ...

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 11:17:24 +0200

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 05:32:38PM -0700, Gerald Combs wrote:
Would it make things easier for either of you if you could get useful
answers from pkg-config on Windows?

Sure! The problem to solve here is how to handle the different install
places (not everyone will find c:\wireshark\ a convenient place where to
put the Wireshark-winXX-libs directory). In my current cmake install I've
created an (environment) variable to specify that base path.
Apart from that: it would be helping because pkgconfig will allow us to
get additional information like other required libs, compile flags etc.

Ciao
   Jörg

Log:
 Beginnings of win cmake support (not yet working), created by Graham Bloice,
 some smaller changes by me.
 - README.cmake
   Document how to (one day) run on Windows
 - CMakeLists.txt
   Use MSVC compiler flags for MSVC instead of gcc flags
 - FindWSWinLibs.cmake
   New: Creates HINTS for finding includes and libraries
   inside the Wireshark support library installation.
 - FindXXX.cmake
   Make use of HINTS generated by FindWSWinLibs.cmake

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>