Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Tool Ownership and Licensing

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 01:07:29 +0200

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 06:32:49PM -0400, Jeff Morriss wrote:
On 09/13/13 18:10, Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 05:12:44PM -0400, Jeff Morriss wrote:
macosx-setup.sh

Joerg Mayer

Really? I don't remember. I only remember "improving" it. Maybe Guy or
Michael remember something about this script.

That's what Guy's checkin comment said:

r38053 | guy | 2011-07-15 17:48:02 -0400 (Fri, 15 Jul 2011) | 8 lines

Add Joerg Mayer's macos-setup.sh script, modified to add an "x" after
"macos", to fix some bugs, to use "sudo" if necessary when installing,
to make the library version numbers variables, and to download the
optional libraries, by default, as well.  Also add his patches to make
GLib build and work.

Update README.macos to reflect that.

So that was only two years ago ;-) Unbelievable.

Googling a bit showed

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.network.wireshark.devel/22203
which gives pretty much the history of this script. It was (more than)
inspired by
https://nplab.fh-muenster.de/groups/wiki/wiki/fb7a4/Building_Wireshark_on_SnowLeopard.html

So the foundation of this script was written by Irene Rüngeler. I only
improved on that.

Ciao
      Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>