Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Status Cmake Win32 support

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 15:48:32 -0700

On 10/11/13 8:09 AM, Joerg Mayer wrote:
Another milestone hit:

- Win 32bit: The following executables build and run from the build directory
  (as well as capture if they should be able to). *: Acutally tested
  $ ls *exe
  capinfos.exe* dumpcap.exe  mergecap.exe  randpkt.exe   reordercap.exe  tshark.exe*
  dftest.exe    editcap.exe  qtshark.exe*  rawshark.exe  text2pcap.exe   wireshark.exe*

Great!

- qtshark on win *requires* that gtk includes are present to build:
  file_dlg_win32.c:#include <gtk/gtk.h>

This should be fixed in r52542-52545.

- Determine what else is missing to get rid of the old nmake infrastucture

The NSIS and PortableApps packaging depends on nmake.

- Other build platforms (there seems to be at least some interest in VS).

Xcode?

Is someone willing to work on some of these items? I'm willing to support
anyone who is interested even if that takes me more time than doing it
myself.

I'll do what I can.