Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 53135: /trunk/ui/gtk/ /trunk/ui/gtk/: main_menubar.c

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 10:05:03 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Anders Broman
<anders.broman () ericsson com>wrote:

On Nov 6, 2013, at 11:43 PM, alagoutte () wireshark org wrote:

http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=5313
5

User: alagoutte
Date: 2013/11/07 07:43 AM

Log:
Add Edit Packet in Right Click

Directory: /trunk/ui/gtk/
 Changes    Path              Action
 +18 -2     main_menubar.c    Modified

By using gtk_dialog_get_content_area(), which isn't available in GTK+
prior to 2.14:

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkDialog.html#gtk-dialog-get-c
ontent-area

but the minimum GTK+ 2.x version is currently 2.12.0, and we have a
buildbot (the 32-bit OS X buildbot, building for Leopard) that has a
pre-2.14 version of GTK+, so the build on that buildbot is broken.

Earlier we had discussions about raising the minimum level to  Glib 2.22
and GTK+ 2.18
http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Glib_Gtk_version_tracking

Or should we do nothing pending the move to Qt keeping compatibility with
older systems?

Regards
Anders

Actually the simplest is probably to make the feature  =< GTK+ 2.14 as it
should be done for Qt anyway.

Or use this fix ?
http://www.gtkforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=6950&sid=0f4888344b6b25474794610a41cc6514#p6950

Regards