Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 53024: /trunk/image/ /trunk/image/: Makefile.nmake dumpcap.rc.in rawshark.rc.in tshark.rc.in wireshark.exe.manifest.in

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 21:28:14 +0100

On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 04:56:05PM +0100, Pascal Quantin wrote:
2013/11/3 Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>

On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 01:45:28AM +0100, Joerg Mayer wrote:
Might be. Unfortunately my Windows test machine is offline for a
possible but
unlikely virus infection until our admins get back into office to do the
checks
on monday, so I have to guess here:
- Is cygwin part of your path?
- What is the output of the "cmake" run?

I just changed runlex and the other build systems to explicitely pass the
sed
executable to runlex.sh, so hopefully your problem is fixed. Please test.

Hi Jörg,

when using r53061 and adding Cygwin bin folder to PATH (seems to be
mandatory, was not needed for nmake), I was able to generate the ascend.c
file and the other autogenerated ones.

Using Windows cmd.exe command line and executing 'cmake --build .', the
generation of register.c fails because the command line is too long:

  Generating register.c

  La ligne entrée est trop longue.
  C:\wireshark\build\epan>c:\Python27\python.exe
C:/wireshark/trunk/tools/make-dissector-reg.py C:/wireshark/trunk/epan
dissectors dissectors/file-elf.c dissectors/file-mp4.c
dissectors/packet-2dparityfec.c dissectors/packet-3com-njack.c
dissectors/packet-3com-xns.c dissectors/packet-3g-a11.c
dissectors/packet-6lowpan.c dissectors/packet-9p.c dissectors/packet-aarp.c
dissectors/packet-aastra-aasp.c
[...]
error MSB6006: Arrêt de "cmd.exe" avec le code 255.

What shell did you or Graham use? I gave Powershell a quick try also but it
failed.

I run cmake inside cmd.exe. Whenever I add bash somewhere (e.g. ssh'ing into
the box gives me a bash, then running cmd.exe) the compiler setup gets broken
and the initial cmake run doesn't work.

Ciao
    Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>