Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark-qt : Capture Interfaces

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 13:06:56 -0800

On Nov 26, 2013, at 7:58 AM, Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard () gtech com> wrote:

How are other local interfaces that can come and go, such as USB interfaces
handled?  Should there be a "Refresh"?

Yes, for platforms for which either there is no way to ask for events indicating that an interface has appeared or
disappeared or for which we don't yet get those events.  We should also hook this up to the code to get those events on
the platforms where we *do* get them (Linux and OS X, currently).

I think in Qt we might want to do that by generating signals when events appear or disappear, and have widgets that
display that list connect to those signals.  (It's currently done in a somewhat *ad hoc* fashion in GTK+.)