Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: dissect rf5 file

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:01:05 -0800

On Nov 25, 2013, at 4:04 AM, NOURA lola <nowara-8000 () hotmail com> wrote:

I have gotten an automated build that opens this file.
I have tried Tshark (of this version)

So if you run "tshark -v", the version information it prints is the same as the version information displayed by the
Wireshark that opens the file (except that TShark won't print things such as the GTK+ or Portaudio version)?

to have a text file containing the IP packets that I can process with a java program but an error concerning file
format occured.

What error did it print?

I ran a version of TShark that I just built from top-of-trunk source, and it was able to read that file with no error.