Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Extracting data from capture

From: radiatejava <radiatejava () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 06:54:44 +0530

Hello Sake,
you saved my day, great and thank you!!. Also glad that the forum works here.

-Satish

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Sake Blok <sake () euronet nl> wrote:
Hi,

I had a little trouble too, but google was a friend. As the certificate(s) are sent using SCEP, I looked up how SCEP
transfers certificates and found out it is using pkcs7. Then the file is in DER form (as I could see several binary
certificates in the exported HTTP object). Then openssl pkcs7 help did the rest. Here is how you can extract the
certificates:

openssl pkcs7 -inform DER -in <exported-http-object-filename> -print_certs

Good luck!
Sake