Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Apply read filter while writing to file

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 22:38:49 +0100

On 03/07/2013 11:27 AM, Muhammad El-Sergani wrote:
Hello all,

After a recent Wireshark update on one of our SIP servers, we are unable to
apply a read filter while writing the capture file, but rather have to capture
everything to a host, write that to a file then apply our read filters when
reading from the file.

This is hard to maintain as our SIP traffic is huge, and just capturing
everything is unpractical.

Is there a known/method/practice/script that can be used to allow users to apply
a read filter to a trace session while writing the dump to a file?

Everything is Linux based.

Thanks
in advance!
//M

Hi,

Can you specify what a recent Wireshark update means? What version did you have
before and what version do you have now?

Thanks,
Jaap