Wireshark mailing list archives

If I start tcpdump instances on the same machine, the real time on both captured pcap files follow the same benchmark or not?

From: liu lily <politoesolve () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 18:50:23 +0200

I run two tcpdump instances on the same linux machine, one is to capture
packets on eth0 and the other is for capturing packets on a virtual NIC.
And I get two pcap file.

basically, a packet first traverse eth0 and then the virtual NIC, and I
want to get the time difference between these two traversals.

 I use wireshark over these two pcap file to check the real time when the
packet is captured.
 I want to know whether the real time on both files are consistent with
each other or not? I mean are they following the same time benchmark?

thanks!