Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: epan/dissectors/dcerpc/idl2wrs.c?

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 15:13:15 -0700

I say Delete it.

It is the original proof of concept hack I did before we switched to PIDL.

I abandoned this for PIDL in 2005  and should have deleted it then.

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:
Is that a functional translator from some flavor of DCE RPC IDL (OSF, Microsoft, Samba PIDL) to a Wireshark dissector?

If the IDL is PIDL, is it better than Samba's translator, inferior to Samba's translator, or none of the above?

Should we be building it with the autotools and with MSVC++, or should we leave it out of the CMake build?  (I see no
point in building it with some of those but not others.)