Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: wireshark 1.4.6

From: "Varun Moruse" <varunmoruse () rediffmail com>
Date: 10 Jan 2013 06:35:31 -0000

Hello sir,
I havent got the wireshaRK 1.4.6 YET.....
PLZ HELP ME OUT

On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 20:33:51 +0530  wrote
On 1/7/2013 5:10 AM, Varun Moruse wrote:

Hello

I am experimenting on Openflow tutorial with NOX controller.

For capturing packets it needs wireshark with its (i.e openflow's) plugin.

it is not get added on wireshark 1.6.7 which i have installed.

but it's been working for wireshark 1.4.6.

Will you please tell me how to get 1.4.6???

thank u.

1. See several previous EMails in this thread for suggestions as to how

to obtain and install a 1.4 version of Wireshark.

2. A quick look at the openflow dissector @ http://www.openflow.org/

shows at least one issue which will cause a build of the disector to

fail when building with a current version of Wireshark and at least one

bug which will cause an incomplete dissection.

I will submit a patch later today for these and any other issues I see.

So: If you wish to build a netflow dissector to use with a current

Wireshark (1.6 or 1.8) you should be able to do so once the patch has

been applied.