Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: WhatsApp dissector

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 21:59:18 +0100

Hi,

And don't forget to fuzztest this thing, using as many capture files as you
have. All this stuff you can find here:
http://wiki.wireshark.org/SendingFilesToWireshark#Source_Code

Thanks,
Jaap

On 02/02/2013 06:03 PM, Tyson Key wrote:
Hi David,

That sounds like a pretty interesting dissector, to me. In order to kick-start
the contribution process, I recommend doing the following:

  * Registering at http://bugs.wireshark.org
  * Converting your code into a "build-in" dissector (a relatively trivial
    process that involves removing the plug-in configuration source file,
    checking the use of certain APIs, and then modifying
    /epan/dissectors/Makefile.common, and /epan/CMakeLists.txt*)*
  * Generating an SVN Diff-style patch, after placing your new source files in
    /epan/dissectors
  * Filing a new bug at Bugs.Wireshark.org <http://Bugs.Wireshark.org> -taking
    care to attach your patch, and preferably a trace file that exercises it

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Tyson.