Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Icon Poll - is this OK?

From: Eric Wedel <Eric.Wedel () hds com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 23:43:31 +0000

Thanks for the graphics.

Funny, on the text-only poll I voted for record/stop, as this is intuitively correct.
[One can get in trouble for playing packets back into a live network. :-) ]
But it seems that the record button (small red dot on a large button) doesn't
transfer well to the screen, looking instead like an indicator light.

Also, the fourth example has no shape distinction at all, so people with red/green
color blindness would need to rely on tooltips / button placement.