Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Applying for GSoC 2013

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 12:33:07 -0700

On 4/10/13 2:58 PM, Andrew Lineyshikov wrote:
Hello,
I'm studying computer sciences at BMSTU, Russia.
I would like to contribute to the Wireshark project.

I have an intermediate C++ skills and some experience with Qt framework
which i'm studying now.
I've also had a "Computer Networks" course on coursera.org
<http://coursera.org>

I'm interested in working on *QtShark*, so I would like to know where do
I begin, I'm looking for some recomendations.

Hi,

The best place to start would be doc/README.qt and ui/qt/ in the
Wireshark sources. The overall goal is to provide a foundation for a
newer, better interface for Wireshark's user community. We could use
help porting existing GTK+ features to Qt but ideas for new features are
always welcome.