Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 45191: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-btsap.c /trunk/: CMakeLists.txt

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:52:45 -0700

On Sep 28, 2012, at 7:29 AM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com> wrote:

I had been assuming that we needed to continue to define HAVE_CONFIG_H
for backwards compatibility (e.g., for custom dissectors).

I'm not entirely sure what the point of HAVE_CONFIG_H is.  Is it to allow code to be "portable" between an autoconfig
environment that uses config.h and other build tool environments (including autoconfig-based environments) that use
-D's in the compile commands?  The autoconf documentation doesn't really give an indication of the purpose of
HAVE_CONFIG_H or an indication of what the "best practice" is.