Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 45023: / /trunk/: reordercap.c

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson () googlemail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 19:30:29 +0100

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 10:28:05AM +0000, martinm () wireshark org wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=45023

User: martinm
Date: 2012/09/20 03:28 AM

Log:
 Add a new console wiretap program to reorder the frames within a capture
 file.  This version has been tested with pcap and IxCatapult files.

 Haven't got config/makefile changes quite right yet, will commit later.

Directory: /trunk/
  Changes    Path            Action
  +353 -0    reordercap.c    Added

A) Wouldn't it make sense to integrate this into editcap? That's where
   this seems to belong.
B) Manpage is missing (among other stuff, mentioned above)

Ciao
    Jörg

A) It probably would make sense from the user point of view.  I needed this
now - when I have more time (next month) I will look at how this could fit
in with the other editcap code, and which options it would be incompatible
with, etc.
Ideally I would like this functionality to be available though a checkbox
in 'File | Export specified packets' although I'm not sure it really fits
with the other options there.

B) I realise the manpage is missing.  What is the other stuff?

Martin