Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: i want get "epan module" , how to reform it into a multi-threaded moudle

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 07:34:03 -0700

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 8:22 PM, 黄长佳 <changjia_huang () 163 com> wrote:
Dear wireshark-dev:
   now i have a doubt . we may use the “epan module” for our system to
dissect the packet , but the "epan moulde" seems run in Single process ,so
how to reform it into a multi-threaded moudle ,do you have any idea?
 thanks.

没有这样的方法。

I do not believe there is any support in Wireshark for multithreaded
dissectors. There are some difficult issues to deal with.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe