Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Launching a new window from Display filters

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard () gtech com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:01:01 +0000 (UTC)

FS <bastiji@...> writes:

Thank you. I got the opportunity to look at another packet capture utility a
couple of days ago. The gentleman showed me some tricks around that (Omni-peek
to be precise) and this is the feature that caught my eye instantly. When
choosing x number of packets, and selecting "Select related to" or some such
option, it presented with these four options:

- Hide selected packets
- Hide unselected packets
- Copy selected packets to another window
- Close

What can we do to get the third option in wireshark?

Submit a Wireshark enhancement bug request and attach a patch that implements it
or hope that someone else eventually does.