Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: ui/qt directory installed with gtk version (1.8rc1)

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:23:07 -0700

On 6/14/12 6:45 PM, Bill Meier wrote:
On 6/14/2012 10:55 AM, Petr Sumbera wrote:
Hi,

why do I have installed ui/qt directory with all png files when I built
1.8.rc1 with gtk?

Thanks,

Petr

The ui/qt directory (and contents) is part of the source tarball (I'm
assuming you built from the tarball).

When you build with gtk, nothing is actually built from/in the ui/qt
directory...

The images are compiled into the executable as C arrays so there's no
reason to install them separately even when --with-qt is enabled. I
checked in a fix and backported it to 1.8.

--
Join us for Sharkfest ’12! · Wireshark® Developer and User Conference
Berkeley, CA, June 24-27 · sharkfest.wireshark.org