Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:48:24 +0100

Hi folks,

Wireshark 1.8.0 on Windows is giving me this message. It follows on and
says:
Please contact the application's support team for more info.

The capture is large, 984MB and it consists of packets where only the
first
196B of each frame is captured.

Has anyone seen this?

Where do I find out why Wireshark is aborting like this? The event
viewer?

[Graham Bloice said]

Richard,

The event viewer isn't that helpful.  I'd attach a debugger to the process
(WinDbg or Visual Studio) before loading the capture and see where it
breaks.