Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: precision tcp.analysis.ack_rtt in tshark's IO stats

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 09:11:33 -0500

Andrej van der Zee wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering how I can set the precision in tshark for the
following IO stats:

tshark -qz "io,stat,0.001,MIN(tcp.analysis.ack_rtt)tcp.analysis.ack_rtt&&tcp.flags==0x12"

This gives me millisecond precision output only, while Wireshark gives
me microseconds.

The solution is to use the latest (SVN trunk); actually it looks like 1.7.0 has the functionality too.

Bug 4915/rev 37555 modified tshark's io,stat to display microseconds.