Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark ABI stability 1.6.4 -> 1.6.5

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:20:00 -0800

On 1/12/12 9:06 AM, Gerald Combs wrote:
On 1/12/12 1:59 AM, Balint Reczey wrote:

I'm not sure that it is the proper approach.
We don't have to update the library version if there is no change in the
lib.

The libtool documentation says "If the library source code has changed
at all since the last update, then increment revision (‘c:r:a’ becomes
‘c:r+1:a’)." We update

[ hit "send" too soon. ]

We update the code in epan and wiretap in every release, which means the
revision number should be incremented for libwireshark and libwiretap,
correct?